Responsible for the direct oversight of daily operations and testing of assigned section including staffing, procedures, policies, and quality improvement. Collaborates with other section team leaders to meet departmental goals.
Meers expectations of the applicable OneCHRISTUS Competencies: Leader of Self, Leader of others, or Leader of Leaders.
· Responsible for organizing, planning, directing, evaluating, and providing general oversight for all laboratory operations within designated section which includes outreach services, computer operations, pre and post analytic testing, associate safety and equipment / supply inventory expense control.
· Provide essential leadership and administrative support to laboratory associates.
· Ensures standards of care are consistent with the CHRISTUS Health Mission and all regulatory requirements.
· Work closely with hospital administration to facilitate the achievement of the departmental goals.
· Promote the development of associates and process improvement initiatives to maintain quality, cost-effective services and patient, physician, and associate satisfaction.
· Supports CHRISTUS Health by assuming any other responsibilities that are mutually agreed upon to ensure the effective functioning of the CHRISTUS Health ministry.
· Bachelor's Degree or higher in a chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited institution or equivalent laboratory training and experience meeting the requirements defined in the CLIA regulation 42CFR493.1489 (includes U.S. Military laboratory training courses of at least 50 weeks)
Education that has been evaluated by an acceptable credentialing agency and deemed equivalent to a US Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory science or medical technology. OR
Meets the educational requirements of a Medical Laboratory Technician II (MLT-II)
· 3 years of full-time primary laboratory experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) in moderate/high complexity testing for the specific section/area of responsibility required.
· 5 years of full-time primary laboratory experience as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) in moderate/high complexity testing for the specific section/area of responsibility preferred
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
· Must possess Certification for MT, MLS, CLS, or MLT from ASCP, AMT, AAB, or HEW/HHS.
· If certification with an expiration date is held, the certification must be maintained and kept current.
· Louisiana requires State Licensure
EEO is the law - click below for more information:
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact us at (844) 257-6925.
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.
AABB (Association for the Advancement of Blood & Biotherapies) is an international, not-for-profit organization representing individuals and institutions involved in the fields of transfusion medicine and biotherapies. The Association works collaboratively
to advance the field through the development and delivery of standards, accreditation and education programs. AABB is dedicated to its mission of improving lives by making transfusion medicine and biotherapies safe, available and effective worldwide.