We are currently seeking well qualified candidates for our Regional Donor Services Executive opportunity in the following location:
The Regional Donor Services Executive (RDSE) leads donor services activities at the regional level to accomplish goals and objectives. Works in a collaborative fashion on project teams at all levels and leads change management initiatives. Develops and implements plans and projects to support low cost producer strategy, focusing on efficiency of operations, including resource utilization, improving the donor and sponsor experience, and achieving assigned production targets. Develops strategy for retention of sponsor accounts and donors. Oversees management team responsible for donor recruitment and blood collections while partnering with direct to donor, patient services, and fixed site executives to achieve cost-effective collections. Demonstrates and manages highly collaborative teams focused on achieving the organization’s objectives. Sets up staff to be successful in achieving assigned targets as well as having a rewarding and balanced work experience. Interacts with executives inside and outside the Red Cross. Maintains community relations and advances the Red Cross brand.
NOTE: In order to receive full consideration, please upload a formatted copy of your updated resume, when applying to this position.
WHERE YOUR CAREER IS A FORCE GOOD:
1. Has overall responsibility for development and execution of the region’s operational plan. Focuses on the expansion of efficient collections, the reduction of waste and inefficiencies, continuous improvements in quality, and improving donor and sponsor satisfaction.
2. Ensure the execution of effective recruitment plans and account oversight which supports achievement of system and patient need. Monitors and improves operational activities. Ensures the adoption and implementation of system improvements in recruitment and drive management operations.
3. Oversight of multiple department functional managers and/or additional regional functional areas to ensure achievement of annual collection goals in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible. Develop departmental supervisors and other collection and Donor Recruitment staff in accordance with personnel policies and bargaining unit contracts, including performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, and employment decisions, to enhance success of operation, promote teamwork and minimize turnover.
4. Develop, implement and monitor process improvement/quality improvement initiatives and staff training protocols. Ensure timely implementation and compliance with American Red Cross directives, Federal, State and local regulatory requirements. Documentation of training and regulatory communications is accurate and timely.
5. Partners with the Chapter Regional Executive to solicit community and volunteer involvement to integrate Red Cross activities in the community. Working together, the Regional Executives are the “face of Red Cross” in the community. 6. Monitors budgets, forecasts and operational results and takes appropriate actions to achieve the low-cost producer strategy.
7. Maintains a mid and long-term perspective, and links current activities to long term plans. Has ability to adjust to changes in strategy and effectively execute and communicate same to staff. Effective change leader.
8. Displays leadership by recognizing, rewarding and motivating staff as part of organization’s ongoing efforts to reduce turnover and increase staff engagement. Communicates vision and linkages to promote understanding. Establishes and monitors performance objectives, develops direct reports and teams, delegates responsibility, and maintains trust and accountability.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree preferred. Experience: Minimum of 10 years of experience in a dynamic, multi-task operational environment with budget responsibility or a profit and loss focus. Experience working in matrix environment and demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate across functions lines required. Healthcare or pharmaceutical manufacturing experience preferred.
Management Experience: Minimum of 7 years management experience required.
Skills and Abilities: Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills. Ability to manage multiple priorities. Ability to work on a team. Must demonstrate ability to attract, motivate, and retain staff. Ability to build effective teams and lead with managerial courage. Ability to manage processes effectively. Business acumen and customer focus. Strong problem-solving ability.
Travel: May involve travel.
*Combination of candidate’s education and general experience satisfies requirements so long as the total years equate to description’s minimum education and general experience years combined (Management experience cannot be substituted).
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Each day, thousands of people – people just like you – provide compassionate care to those in need. Our network of generous donors, volunteers and employees share a mission of preventing and relieving suffering, here at home and around the world.
We roll up our sleeves and donate time, money and blood. We learn or teach life-saving skills so our communities can be better prepared when the need arises. We do this every day because the Red Cross is needed - every day.
AABB (Association for the Advancement of Blood & Biotherapies) is an international, not-for-profit organization representing individuals and institutions involved in the fields of transfusion medicine and biotherapies. The Association works collaboratively
to advance the field through the development and delivery of standards, accreditation and education programs. AABB is dedicated to its mission of improving lives by making transfusion medicine and biotherapies safe, available and effective worldwide.