Location: Yuma, Arizona
Internal Number: 20119362
Working with a team of professionals who consistently raise the bar and look for process improvement opportunities, the Laboratory at YRMC offers a diverse workforce and the ability to work in all specialties within the lab. Our Laboratory Director speaks to the positivity of the culture and the future state-of-the-art laboratory that is anticipated to begin being built in 2021. We are excited to see the future of the lab and would invite you to interview and see if where we are going may be a fit for you!
The Medical Lab Technician performs routine Laboratory procedures accurately and efficiently according to the regulations, policies, and procedures of Laboratory Services. The Technician performs quantitative, qualitative, and subjective laboratory procedures by manual and automated methods for inpatient and outpatients in all disciplines of the lab i.e. Microbiology, Serology, Chemistry, Urinalysis, Hematology, Blood bank, and phlebotomy as needed in support of CAP and DNV-GL compliance and quality patient care.
- Performs quality specimen processing, evaluation and results reporting.
- Performs daily instrument maintenance, troubleshooting and resolving specimen integrity problems.
- Performs specimen collection and interpretation of patient results and quality control data.
- Participates in Quality Assurance, Calibrations, and Quality Control processes; Maintains knowledge and interpretation of critical values.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Medical Laboratory Technology
- ASCP or AMT MLT Certification
Work Schedule: 8-hours, Evenings, Varied
Physical Requirements and working conditions for this position will be provided to you upon interview.