The Blood Bank QA Coordinator performs and monitors a variety of donor and transfusion services quality activities. Responsible for compliance with federal regulations relating to quality assurance activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
Coordinates, monitors, facilitates and supervises all quality activities and quality assurance related blood services.
Ensures compliance with FDA regulations and CAP, AABB standards, and FACT if required. Evaluates, approves, and monitors related policy and procedures.
Assists in developing, reviewing and approval of training and educational programs for personnel and students.
Manages occurrence reporting system and follow-up with appropriate services.
Analyzes data to drive operational changes as needed.
Coordinates and oversees student activities during clinical rotations through blood bank. Performs all delegated functions as defined by facility CLIA Director.
KEY SUCCESS FACTORS
Knowledge of laboratory regulations, protocols and procedures.
Analytical and critical thinking abilities.
Ability to comprehend and communicate instructions.
Ability to perform laboratory protocols and procedures.
Skill in the use of computers and related software applications.
Knowledge of safety and infection control standards.
Ability to work in a team environment.
Provides training and opportunities for continuing education.
Effective leadership and interpersonal skills.
Our competitive benefits package includes the following - Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits - 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5% - Tuition Reimbursement - PTO accrual beginning Day 1 Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- LOCATION - Scott & White Memorial Hospital Temple TX
- SHIFT - Day Monday - Friday with some weekends
- EDUCATION - Bachelor's or 4 years of work experience above the minimum qualification
- EXPERIENCE - 5 Years of Experience
- PREFERRED EXPERIENCE - 5 years’ experience in Blood Bank (donor and transfusion) and two years’ experience in Blood Bank Quality to include knowledge of CAP, AABB and FDA accreditation/licensure requirements masters degree with specialty in blood bank certification with ASCP- SBB (ASCP)
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE/REGISTRATION - ASCP - Blood Banking (ASCP-BB), ASCP-Blood Banking Specialist (ASCP-SBB), Cert Histocompatibility (CHS), Cert Hyperbaric Technologist (CHT), Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS), Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS), Medical Technologist (MT): Must have one of teh following: - MT - MLS - CLS - CHT - CHS - ASCP-BB - ASCP-SBB.
Internal Number: 21001124rxv_31_1
About Baylor Scott & White Health
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation, collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH stands to be one of the nation’s exemplary health care organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team is not just accepting a job, it’s accepting a calling!