- Undergraduate degree from an accredited university in the U.S. For a degree obtained outside the U.S., a certificate of equivalency with U.S. degree programs is required.
- CEU continuing education as per year, required and approved by the State of California for continued California licensure.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a clinical laboratory as a supervisor, manager or higher required.
- Comprehensive understanding of State and Federal laws pertaining to clinical laboratory testing and operations, and accreditation standards (FDA, JCAHO, CAP, AABB).
- Possess strong analytical problem-solving skills and excellent communication skills including effective interpersonal aptitude to interact with a diverse group in a diplomatic manner.
- Participation in accreditation (FDA, JCAHO, CAP, State, etc.) inspections.
- Understanding of quality assurance requirements of JCAHO, CAP, AABB, FDA, CLIA, and State of California.
- Understanding of clinical laboratory quality control, CQI philosophy.
- Familiarity with State and federal laws and regulations governing laboratory practice, including physicians’ office testing, hospital bedside testing, scope of practice, Quality Control, Quality Assurance.
- Understanding of OIG compliance guidance for laboratories.
- Expertise in the use of desktop computer tools, including the Internet, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word applications.
- Ability to write and implement policies & procedures.
- California Clinical Laboratory Scientist license or RN license required.
- ASCP certification as an MT preferred
- A Fire and Safety card must be presented upon hire or must be obtained at our facility within the first 30 days of hire and maintained by renewing before expiration date.