• Performs and reports test results for all Quality Control Laboratory and Reference Laboratory procedures in an accurate and timely manner in compliance with Federal and State Regulations, AABB Standards, Manufacturer’s recommendations, and internal operating procedures.
• Demonstrates proficiency, competency and understanding of fundamental principles of Quality Control Laboratory and Reference Laboratory procedures with a minimal amount of supervision.
• Performs ABO/Rh.
• Performs direct antiglobulin test.
• Performs compatibility testing.
• Performs antigen and hemoglobin S screening.
• Selects rare donor units from inventory, based on the serologic results obtained with a given patient specimen.
• Performs RBC phenotyping.
• Performs automated assay.
• Performs platelet antibody screens and crossmatch studies.
• Calculates the extent of a fetal bleed and recommends number of Rh immune globulin vials to be administered.
• Reviews hematology results, evaluating and taking corrective action as necessary.
• Reviews component product QC, evaluating and taking corrective action as necessary.
• Performs preventive maintenance, calibration, and quality control on microbiology, hematology, and other instruments or equipment in the Quality Control Laboratory.
• Performs sample testing on hematology analyzers.
• Performs bacterial detection testing on platelet components using the BacT/Alert 3D System.
• Performs quality control and testing of leukocytes reduced platelet and RBC products.
• Determines platelet yield and performs appropriate split (if necessary) of apheresis products. Enters into Laboratory Information system appropriate information and labels platelet apheresis products.