Contact Center Manager
JOIN A LEADERSHIP TEAM THAT SAVES LIVES EVERY DAY!
No doubt, you have crossed paths with us in your daily life. You’ve seen signs for (or participated in) our blood drives, you’ve passed our vehicles on the roads as they transport blood to local hospitals for patients who are in need, or you have a friend or family member who has received transfusions of this precious cargo.
Our impact to the community is far-reaching. Every day we work to save lives through research, innovation, education and excellence in blood, medical and laboratory services. We have proudly served donors and patients in partnership with our community for 70 years.
How do we make all of this happen? People! We have an excellent team of employees who are dedicated to their craft and determined to fulfill our mission.
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced Contact Center Manager to join our Donor Services department. The Contact Center plays a key role in ensuring an adequate blood supply for our community.
This role will help transform a traditional, successful call center into an operation that utilizes current technology, demographics and key metrics to engage with our current and prospective donors across multiple platforms in creative, innovative ways.
- Provide dynamic motivational leadership for a team of Supervisors and front line staff.
- Identify and implement state of the art technology solutions for donor contact
- Explore opportunities, implement new and creative strategies and continuously improve delivery on team, department and organizational goals.
- Ensure that customer service expectations are met/exceeded, providing data and analytics.
- Ensure the integrity of the donor database though effective quality control and reporting mechanisms.
- Maintain your state-of-the-art professional and technical knowledge.
- Meet Contact Center financial objectives.
- Manage benchmarking analysis against best-in-class operations for materials, collateral, and gear.
- Gather, analyze and communicate data across business functions.
- Manage cross- functional project teams. Plan, organize and execute complex projects across multiple organizations and stakeholders to enable the launch of new projects and processes.
- A proven manager with 5 + years of key people leadership roles in recruiting or telemarketing.
- A bachelor-level graduate or possess equivalent in related work experience in addition to 5 years.
- Proficient in identifying, implementing, and managing technology/systems that interact with clients/customers.
- A manager for your people. You work hard to assist everyone on your team to achieve success.
- A champion of process and process optimization.
- Technology/data driven. You can both analyze technical data and explain it in clear and understandable manner.
- An excellent communicator and have highly effective and diplomatic interpersonal skills.
- Strong in operations background including staff scheduling, reporting, quality control and validations systems.
- Effective under pressure with great organizational skills, integrity, and follow-through.
This position is based at our Renton-North facility and requires frequent local travel. This is a full-time, salaried exempt position. Salary Range $66,435 - $86,361 - $106,288 annualized. Full benefit package included.
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING APPLYING: Qualified applicants may submit a resume that clearly demonstrates their qualifications for this position, but are strongly encouraged to also submit a completed Bloodworks Northwest employment application.
Interested Applicants should send their application materials to Human Resources at:
- Fax to 1-866-286-8495, or
- 921 Terry Avenue Seattle, WA. 98104
Bloodworks Northwest employment application can be found at:
Application Deadline: Open until filled.
For proper consideration include job number 8141 on all correspondence.
Bloodworks Northwest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and /or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources department at HumanResources@bloodworksnw.org, or at 206-292-6500, or at 921 Terry Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104.