AABB is an international, not-for-profit association representing individuals and institutions
involved in the fields of transfusion medicine and cellular therapies. The association is committed
to improving health through the development and delivery of standards, accreditation and
educational programs that focus on optimizing patient and donor care and safety. AABB
membership includes physicians, nurses, scientists, researchers, administrators, medical
technologists and other health care providers. AABB members are located in more than 80
countries and AABB accredits institutions in over 50 countries.
AABB is looking for an Communications Specialist II. Under limited supervision, the Communications Specialist II is responsible for writing, editing and managing AABB’s weekly e-newsletter. This position is also responsible for providing additional writing and editing support for AABB’s Communications Department. This is a proactive role and engagement within AABB and outside AABB is critical to success.
- Serve as Managing Editor for AABB’s weekly e-newsletter, “Weekly Report”
- Write, edit and managecontent for newsletter. This will involve performing these functions:
- Plan editorial content in conjunction with other members of the department
- Develop and distribute editorial content for review by staff
- Lead editorial meeting to discuss story ideas
- Compile all stories and share with the review group
- Incorporate edits and finalize newsletter
- Send newsletter through e-mail distribution service
- Monitor and report on click-through rates
- Work with the Division Director and Associate Director of Communications to develop cost-effective, consistent communications plans for AABB and its programs in a way that reflects the strategic goals and priorities of the association.
- Research, write and edit articles and other materials in support of the AABB Board of Directors, Executive Office, team members and AABB staff.
- Ensure all assignments are completed within agreed timelines.