EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college/university in a biomedical discipline (Chemical, physical, biological, clinical lab science, or medical technology,) and at least 3 years of laboratory training or experience.
Associate’s degree in a laboratory science or medical laboratory technology, and at least 5 years of laboratory training or experience.
• MT or MLT certification from ASCP or other accredited certifying organization preferred
• Previous supervisory experience in a laboratory setting preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
• Ability to read and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and to maintain complete and accurate records.
• Demonstrate work history of above average performance and attendance.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills including written, verbal and oral presentations.
• Result oriented with ability to adapt to changing priorities.
• Attention to detail and organizational skills with analytical and problem solving skills.
• Proficiency in the use of personal computers and software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability of Walking, standing, observing others performing work assignments.
• Performing and demonstrating work assignments, which may involve lifting, bending, stooping, sitting, leaning.
• Occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Shire is an equal opportunity employer. Shire evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Shire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please call 484-595-8400 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.