· Performs simple to complex clinical laboratory tests in one or more sections of the laboratory. Work requires a professional level of knowledge in order to perform, interpret and record patient test results, especially those which are abnormal or atypical.
· Duties may vary by assigned area but include quality control performance and interpretation, basic instrument maintenance and troubleshooting, proficiency testing assignments and basic inventory management.
· Independently performs patient testing in one or more sections of the laboratory (Chemistry, Hematology, Microbiology, Blood Bank) according to laboratory procedures and established turnaround times.
· Includes waived, moderate and high complexity tests. Testing includes knowledge of specimen acceptability requirements and result interpretation.
· Certification as a medical laboratory scientist required (ASCP) or certification eligible. Bachelor or Associates of Science degree in medical technology, clinical laboratory science or chemical, physical or biological science required.
· Applies theoretical knowledge to test information to insure accurate results.
· Manages multiple priorities maintaining accurate and timely test results.
· Communicates appropriate information to team members, patient care personnel and physicians.
· Works as a team member: shares information on workload and problems helps co-workers as needed; escalate issues as appropriate.
Internal Number: 104096
About Lakeland Health
If you’re passionate about helping others and value teamwork, treating people with respect, being accountable, inspiring others, trust, and keeping your patients and colleagues safe, then we invite you to explore our many career opportunities. Lakeland Health, southwest Michigan’s largest employer, has been named in the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics and received many other awards for quality outcomes, excellent map-michigan value, and patient care. Learn more by visiting About Lakeland.