PeaceHealth is seeking a MT or MLT - Transfusion Services for a per diem, Night shift position.
Req ID: 127209
*** This position will also rotate to University District and rotations could include weekends and/or holidays.***
The Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Scientist or Medical Laboratory Technician is responsible for performing complex laboratory procedures and tests in areas such as blood bank, chemistry, hematology, immunology and microbiology, using established protocols and procedures. Monitors, screens and troubleshoots devices, tests and procedures, recognizing anomalies, and making corrections to ensure quality. Serves as a model for professionalism, by focusing on patient care; respectful communication to coworkers and clients; safe work practices; and attention to rapid and accurate testing.
1. Evaluates specimens for testing, utilizes appropriate criteria and upholds established performance standards. Understands and applies established criteria for testing, and analysis of entire process from preparation, conducting test, functioning of devices and procedures to ensure quality test results. Performs waived, moderate and high complexity laboratory tests.
2. Maintains equipment and tools; performs quality assurance testing, routine calibration and ensures optimal performance.
3. Participates in the evaluations of techniques and procedures. Develops, evaluates and implements new procedures or protocols and tests.
4. Consults with clinicians, supervisor and other caregivers as appropriate on test results, requirements and testing protocols.
5. Gives direction and guidance to other caregivers, trains new caregivers and students. Provides in-services which apply toward the continuing education requirements and in alignment with the continuing education program.
6. Responsible for maintaining appropriate records for specimens, tests and data. Utilizes computer systems in reporting and documenting analysis.
7. Participates in department in-services and continuing education programs, attending lectures, workshops and video presentation as required. Participates in required competency assessment and proficiency testing activities. Is aware of compliance requirements (CAP, HIPAA, etc) and provides active support.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Associate's or Bachelors degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry or Biological Science or equivalent
Certified Medical Technologist (MT), Medical Lab Technician (MLT), Medical Lab Scientist (MLS), ASCP or equivalent is preferred.
Working knowledge of specimen collection, preparation, and test requirements and factors affecting test interpretation in responding to inquiries
Good written and verbal communication skills
Working knowledge of computer systems such as Microsoft Windows, and Microsoft Office programs
Moderate lifting up to 35 pounds
Mathematical ability to calculate fractions, percentages, ratios, proportion measurements and apply practical algebra
General understanding of laboratory equipment to calibrate and do minor repairs
Please apply online to be considered. For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application.
PeaceHealth, based in Vancouver, Wash., is a not-for-profit Catholic health system offering care to communities in Washington, Oregon, and Alaska. PeaceHealth has approximately 16,000 caregivers, a multi-specialty medical group practice with more than 900 providers and 10 medical centers serving both urban and rural communities throughout the Northwest. In 1890, the Sisters of St. Joseph of Peace founded what has become PeaceHealth. Today, PeaceHealth is the legacy of its founding Sisters and continues with a spirit of respect, stewardship, collaboration and social justice in fulfilling its Mission.
We offer competitive compensation, a robust benefits package and a collaborative, Mission-driven work environment! To learn more about working at PeaceHealth and the Springfield community please visit our homepage: www.peacehealth.org/careers .
Location: Springfield , SHMC at Riverbend (420) Job Category: Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support Shift: Night Shift Length: Variable FTE: 0.0 Work Type: Per Diem/Relief Hourly compensation starts at: $ Depends on Experience , more depending on experience Required Certifications/Licensure:
PeaceHealth is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified job applicants and employees without regard to the following statuses: protected veteran; qualified individual with a disability; race; ethnicity; religion; gender; pregnancy; gender identity; national origin; age; genetic information; sexual orientation; or any other protected status in accordance with local, state, or federal laws.
The above information is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of caregivers assigned to this job.
Posting Notes: Springfield || Allied, Ancillary & Clinical Support || Lab Services || Per Diem/Relief || INPATIENT SERVICES
PeaceHealth Physicians are as diverse as the communities they serve, but have the following in common:Dedication to carrying on the healing mission of Jesus Christ by promoting personal and community health, relieving pain and suffering and treating each person in a loving and caring way.A shared vision of every patient receiving exceptional, compassionate evidence-based care, every time, every touch.