Performs and interprets designated laboratory procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs serologic, chemical, bacteriologic, immunohematologic (blood bank), and microscopic procedures and related duties, to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease. Performs accurate and appropriate testing on laboratory specimens/collections according to established laboratory protocol and procedures. Reports results in a timely manner.
2. Troubleshoots instruments, equipment, reagents, patient specimen/product problems using standard laboratory technique as required.
3. Performs laboratory quality control, including reporting discrepancies, troubleshooting according to established procedures and protocols. Takes appropriate action to assure quality results/products are provided for use by physicians, nurses, patients. Performs daily, weekly, monthly, as needed maintenance and calibrations on instruments and equipment to meet all quality requirements.
4. Performs chart reviews, quality audit data collection, technical policy/procedure development, inspection assistance, donor files under the direction of laboratory management. Maintains workflow in clinical laboratory through proficiency in testing and maintaining work areas, supply stock, monitoring and assistance in management of inventory.
5. Assists in training and orientation of new associates. Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abides by service behavior standards.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
7. May be required to float to other departments (within scope of competency and qualifications) based on business need.
8. May be required to be placed on-call during a regularly scheduled shift.
We reveal and foster God's healing love by improving the health of the people and communities we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Inspired by our faith,
•We will be distinguished as the premier person-centered health system and trusted partner.
•We will share accountability with clinicians and other stakeholders to coordinate care across all settin...gs and improve access, quality, health outcomes, and affordability.
•We will grow as community-based health networks to serve more people in partnerships with others who share our vision and values.
Caring Spirit - We honor the sacred dignity of each person.
Excellence - We set and surpass high standards.
Good Humor - We create joyful and welcoming environments.
Integrity - We do the right thing with openness and pride.
Safety - We deliver care that seeks to eliminate all harm for patients and associates.
Stewardship - We are accountable for the resources entrusted to us.